If you love playing PC games, you don’t need to buy or rent every game on the market—you can download and play them all for free with the Xbox Game Pass. With hundreds of games to choose from, it can be hard to pick just one game to play, but this list is a great place to start.
- TUNIC is a new addition to the growing list of games available on Microsoft’s Game Pass subscription service. TUNIC follows the life of a man who wakes up in a cell with no memory of how he got there. After accidentally murdering a prisoner, the man is imprisoned and must escape the game’s world, even if it means sacrificing his own life. This indie title offers a variety of gameplay styles, including first-person, third-person, and the option to play as a supernatural creature.
- HALO is one of the most popular first-person shooters of all time, and for good reason. Released in 2001, the game was the first in the Halo series, and it spawned a variety of sequels and spinoffs. HALO Anniversary is the original Halo game remastered, and if you’ve never played it, you need to add it to your Game Pass library pronto.
- SLAY THE SPIRE is a third-person stealth-action game developed by Cyanide Studios. It comes out this month on April 17. The game follows the story of a detective investigating the murder of two federal agents. The gameplay of Slay The Spire is fast-paced, thrilling, and rather difficult, making it an excellent choice for anyone that loves a good challenge.
- CARRION is an action-adventure game but made uniquely for Game Pass, it’s exclusively Xbox Play Anywhere. So, you get to buy it once and play it on both Xbox consoles and PC.
- DARK SOULS III – This is one of the biggest, most ambitious games we’ve played in a long time. This addictive, challenging action role-playing game features a beautifully rendered world filled with brutal, unforgiving enemies and next-level difficulty. As our latest Game Pass game to play, we dove right in to see if DARK SOULS III is the game that’ll keep you glued to its realistic-looking, twist-filled story. And yes, it is.
- DARK SOULS: REMASTERED – This is one of the 10 games on Game Pass you must check out right now. It’s now packed with more content and features than ever before, including the ability to play with up to four other players in co-op mode.
- DARK SOULS: THE LEGEND is a series that’s consistently hard to put down. And Dark Souls: Remastered builds on the already solid formula with improved graphics and gameplay, including a new control scheme that lets you move and attack with the left stick.
- EARTH DEFENSE FORCE – The Shadow of New Despair is a third-person shooter game from developer Sandlot Games. It uses a unique combo attack system, where players combine different weapons, each with their own special attack, to accomplish objectives.
- LIMBO You play the part of a bright-eyed young boy, smack in the middle of a dark fantasy underworld that seems to represent a terrifying afterlife. But you are not told this, obviously. A thrilling platform-puzzle game with unique challenges to overcome, it will leave you on the edge of your seats and playing into the long hours of the night.
- GRID 2 is an arcade-style racing game with a lot of heart. It’s the sequel to the 2011 game of the same name, and it’s just as good.
If you’re like me, you subscribe to Game Pass and can’t get enough of those 100-plus free games each month you can play. But you can also use Game Pass to access even more downloadable games than you normally have time for.
Game Pass is a service offered by Microsoft that allows users to pay a monthly fee for access to a library of over 100 Xbox One and Xbox 360 games. The service itself is free, so you can try it out without paying anything.